one|GFLUG one club, many parts...
Construct and display LEGO® models for the enjoyment of the general public and the membership. Demonstrate the endless capabilities and creativity that can be achieved by building with LEGO® bricks. Concentrate wholesome family fun; by displaying LEGO® models as a hobby that can be enjoyed by adults and their children.
GFLUG started with Robin, Mark and KK back in the Summer of 2000. They held the first GFLUG meeting at Mark's place and talk for at least an hour about forming this group and building with LEGO® bricks. Today the group has an ever growing membership and meets/displays at numerous events around the world.
The Greater Florida LEGO® Train Club started when Dennis and Nick discovered Robin displaying his LEGO® Trains at the H & R Trains Show back in the Fall of 1999. They talk for at least an hour about LEGO® Trains and displaying at train shows. Just a few weeks later they met again, picked the club name and set the basic ground work for the train club. By December of 1999, they did their first public layout as a club at the Great American Train Show (GATS) in Tampa, Florida and it was a big hit for all and was great fun. In the year 2010 the club has merged with GFLUG and displays as a Special Interest Group (SIG) at numerous train show around the state of Florida and the country.
- Provide a place for Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFoL) to meet and share ideas.
- Provide members a chance to display their creations.
- Promote building with LEGO® bricks as a hobby in the state of Florida and around the world.
- Just have fun...
Create environment for the exchange of ideas, information, and skills relevant to LEGO® brand of building bricks and to promote the hobby. Be an active group of delegates to the public and the LEGO® Company, by displaying the endless possibilities of LEGO® brand of building bricks.
- Maintain an on-line presence though the web sites, news letters, news groups, blogs, etc.
- Conduct group meeting on a regular basis.
- Operate public LEGO® displays around the state and the country.
- Attend other related LEGO® and Hobby events around the world.
All the images on this site are provided subject to all terms and conditions. See Legal Notices.